Monday, July 28, 2008

The Boss!!!

Bruce Springsteen – true Jersey! I’ve seen him 4 times and each time he has been great. I reconnected with an old friend of mine this week and she called me on Saturday to see if I wanted to go to the Springsteen concert on Sunday night. Giants Stadium – section 131. For those that know the Stadium those are AMAZING seats. I wish I could have found my camera to prove it but you’ll have to just trust me. Last night, my 5th Bruce concert, was PHENOMENAL. The best yet!! The guy is approaching 60 and he sounds just as good as he did when he was 20. Not only that but he was rockin’ out, dancing, sliding – truly engaging the crowd. The best part of the night (for those who are fans – you’ll appreciate this) was his closing set. Here is the entire set list which was great (and before the encore he played for 2 ½ hours straight) but take a look at the last 5 songs! The stadium was OUT OF CONTROL!!!

Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out, Radio Nowhere, Lonesome Day, Adam Raised A Cain, Spirit In The Night, Summertime Blues, Brilliant Disguise, Atlantic City, Growin' Up, Janey Don't You Lose Heart, I'll Work For Your Love, Youngstown, Murder Incorporated, The Promised Land, Livin' In The Future, Mary's Place, Working On The Highway, Tunnel Of Love, The Rising, Last To Die, Long Walk Home, Badlands

Girls In Their Summer Clothes, Jungleland, Born To Run, Bobby Jean, Dancing In The Dark, American Land, Rosalita

I needed it. I needed the concert, I needed the time with Kim – all around it was therapeutic to my soul. Thank goodness I spent Saturday night on my couch though. Simply Sleep knocked me out for 10 hours – I took it at 10:30pm Saturday night and woke up at 9:30 Sunday morning. It was great! The best sleep I’ve had in WEEKS! It made up for the lack of sleep I got last night. It took us over an hour to get back to Belleville (which is only a 5/10 min ride from the stadium). I was going to stay at my sisters since she lives in Belleville and it’s a quick ride to work from there in the morning. I get there, I put my pj’s on, I sit on the couch and I realize that I forgot my laptop at home. I absolutely need my laptop for work. So, I had to drive home at 1:30am last night. Good times. I was exhausted and I still am.

Let’s roll back to the weekend though. Friday night I took a little road trip into New York to bring E home. Love spending time with her. She loves to talk like I do so it was a fun ride. Saturday, Sarah & I went down to her parent’s boat and we laid poolside. Talk about R&R – the weather, the pool, the company was all perfect. So the last 4 days (because Thursday night was fun too) have really helped my spirits. Even though I’m tired I feel good. Which will help when we play the other first place team tonight. This is the most important game of the year. We beat them for the Championship last year. They thought they had it in the bag and even had an article ready to run in the Sparta newspaper and we came in and knocked them off their throne. So, they are out for blood. We are both tied for first so this game will setup the rest of the season for who stays in that first place spot.

Today is moving pretty quickly. I need coffee – STAT!

No comments: