Monday, January 10, 2011

The Beauty Bar

This weekend was bittersweet for me. One of my best friend's is moving to Arizona in a few days. Luckily i'm helping her move out there so we will be taking a road trip together starting next weekend. But this Saturday, "the band" went out for one last night of dancing together. We went to the Beauty Bar in NYC. At first the bar seemed like it was going to be a complete bust. Too many people in too tiny of a space. Then they opened the dance floor and that's where the magic happened. We shook our boots to a great mix of the 80's and had a blast! There was an epic moment during Madonna's "Like A Prayer" and it took everything within me not to shed tears because I knew this would be the last time we would all be together like this for awhile. It was a night i'll cherish close to my heart. I also spent time in the city on Sunday - went to church, ate at Eataly... it was soothing to the soul... this whole weekend was. Here's praying for a good week pre-road trip!





No comments: