Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011

According to my archives I've had this blog for 4 years now. In those 4 years I have yet to be a consistent blogger. I also never finished a journal either. There are parts of me that miss the days of Xanga (and the blogging crew that came along with it). But alas, as technology surpasses itself on a daily basis, new blogs do to. My resolution for 2011 is to use this old, dusty blog and keep a daily record of things i'm grateful for. With that said - it's January 1st so let's start out with what i'm thankful for today...

Showers! No, not the kind that fall from the sky. I'm talking about the kind that cleanse the body of dirt, grime, & even the occasional emotions. Sometimes there's nothing better than a hot shower at the end of the day. It's also something that gets taken for granted. We don't think twice about how blessed we actually are to have access to a bath, hot water, CLEAN WATER. There are plenty of people in this county and around the globe that don't get to enjoy that type of luxury. When the hot water heater breaks and it takes a day or two to repair that's a First World problem that we shouldn't even complain about (except for how much it actually costs to fix). So next time you jump in the shower take a few minutes and enjoy the blessing it actually is to be able to take one. I think it's a great way to start off my gratitude blog too for 2011... washing away 2010 to usher in the New Year...



1 comment:

Kathy C. said...

Beautifully stated.