Monday, January 3, 2011

Sleep

I go through stretches of insomnia every so often and these last few days have been one of those times. Laying in bed almost in tears because, even though you are utterly and completely exhausted, you can't fall asleep is agonizing. Near painful. Today i'm thankful for the nights when I can sleep. When I'm not staring at a clock watching the hours slip away before I have to work. When I'm not a walking, cranky zombie. When i'm not growing my waistline each extra hour i'm awake (see fact below)

Sleep in. “Studies show people who get less than 6 hours of sleep eat up to 300 calories more during the day because a lack of sleep triggers the production of the hunger hormone, grehlin,” says Marjorie Nolan, RD, CND, CPT and national spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association. Each extra hour of sleep could save you 100 calories. So don’t set your alarm on Saturday, and if you snooze, you lose.

Dear Mr. Sandman - please, please bring me a dream tonight...

my thoughts exactly



No comments: