Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Reality TV

I didn't have a chance to post yesterday so this morning is Tuesday's thankful thought. Yes, Reality TV. How lame does that sound?! I'll tell you why though. As much as i'm a sucker for bad Reality TV like "Keeping Up With The Kardashian's" that's not what i'm talking about. I'm talking about the reality shows that somehow bring about positive change and encouragement. "The Biggest Loser" started another new season last night. Watching people who are close to me (and even myself) struggle with weight and the health problems associated with it is hard. To see others step in front of millions of television viewers and be pushed to their limit in order to save their life is inspirational. It's also refreshing to see that even if you weigh 500lbs surgery doesn't have to be the only option. You are in control of your own health - nobody but you puts the food in your mouth. I've been lucky enough to have my own home grown inspiration that has helped me want to learn about nutrition and the more I know the more healthier choices I make. If "The Biggest Loser" can help save 1 life and inspire the lives of others then I'm thankful for it.

No comments: